Another month draws to a close; another real estate market report from us here at Cheese Country Realtors. How did the Green County real estate market perform in December of 2011?
- 33 properties sold though the MLS in December of 2011,
- The properties were on the market for an average of 119 days,
- The average sale price was $117,402,
- The median sale price was $85,000
- The highest priced property sold was $377,380,
- The lowest priced property sold was $22,000.
To compare with December of 2010:
- 31 properties sold through the MLS in December of 2010,
- The properties were on the market for an average of 172 days,
- The average sale price was $173,146,
- The median sale price was $137,500,
- The highest priced property sold was $703,000,
- The lowest priced property sold was $20,000.
Looking ahead to January’s sales:
- 4 properties ranging from $29,900 to $179,900 have already sold through the MLS in Green County in January, 2012.
- There are currently 17 properties ranging from $10,900 to $2,190,000 asking price that are pending sale.
- Another 31 have accepted offers that still have contingencies to be met.
Are you looking for in depth market report analysis for your specific community within Green County, or data for Lafayette County? Curious to how this data can impact you as a seller? Drop us an email or give us a call.
You’ll notice that the median home price took a dive in December. 19 of the 33 properties sold were under $99,000. That pulls medians and averages down in a hurry. Also, the December 2010 statistics include three properties over $300,000 that sold. These differences account for the great disparity in the median and average sale prices.
Next up, the 2011 Year in Review: tomorrow, we will take a look at the annual market report, how things performed over the entire year of 2011 compared to the years before it. Stay tuned!
Browse Articlesarea information brodhead BTC Buying a home contingencies Eco Homeownership events farm Financing Green County Humane Society Green County WI home improvement homeowners Local Business market report Monroe Theatre Guild Monroe WI New Glarus real estate Real Estate Investing relocation remodeling Rental Property safety second home Selling Short Sale staging Stephenson County IL Sustainable Agriculture taxes Technology things to do Volunteer youth
Brenda has been a pleasure to work with she is very knowledgeable and has an excellent ability to listen to her clients needs.— Noah Smielewski
$ % yrs % $