Can you believe that it is May already? This year is zipping by, and the real estate market is moving along nicely as well. Shall we take a look at the market report for April of 2012?
- 41 properties sold though the MLS in April of 2012,
- The properties were on the market for an average of 127 days,
- The average sale price was $188,953,
- The median sale price was $140,000
- The highest priced property sold was $1,000,000,
- The lowest priced property sold was $17,000.
To compare with the market report for April of 2011:
- 46 properties sold through the MLS in April of 2011,
- The properties were on the market for an average of 155 days,
- The average sale price was $137,500
- The median sale price was $117,500,
- The highest priced property sold was $390,000,
- The lowest priced property sold was $37,275.
Looking ahead to May’s sales:
- 9 properties ranging from $16,000 to $205,500 have already sold through the MLS in Green County in May, 2012.
- There are currently 37 properties ranging from $14,900 to $550,000 asking price that are pending sale.
- Another 43 have accepted offers that still have contingencies to be met.
Are you looking for in depth market report analysis for your specific community within Green County, or data for Lafayette County? Curious to how this data can impact you as a seller? Drop us an email or give us a call.
The median home price is very high this time around. That is due to the extremely expensive property that sold this month combined with the fact that two additional properties over $400k sold this month as well. Only 18 of the 41 properties sold were under $100K. This is exciting news for our market. The more expensive properties are moving. 11 of the sold properties had sales prices that were between $200k and $300k. Last year in April, we were seeing more activity in the homes that were under $200k, whereas this year, we are finally starting to move through that inventory.
Browse Articlesarea information brodhead BTC Buying a home contingencies Eco Homeownership events farm Financing Green County Humane Society Green County WI home improvement homeowners Local Business market report Monroe Theatre Guild Monroe WI New Glarus real estate Real Estate Investing relocation remodeling Rental Property safety second home Selling Short Sale staging Stephenson County IL Sustainable Agriculture taxes Technology things to do Volunteer youth
Brenda was very helpful with finding out all the details.— Mary Carroll
$ % yrs % $